The four PILLARS of ABUNDANCE
These are the four PILLARS of ABUNDANCE. Consider each section and see how you can apply this perspective into your financial planning!! Financial planning is like tracking the pulse or heart beat of your financial well being and it is something that you must make time to do:
The POWER of SELF BELIEF – What do you BELIEVE that you are WORTH?
It starts with you, because you are your GREATEST ASSET. What do you believe that you are worth?
How do you value yourself?
Self–belief is confidence in your own abilities or judgment.
Why is believing in yourself so important?
The importance of self–belief is that self–belief can be defined as having confidence in your own skin, your abilities or judgement. Self–belief is an important quality to have, because without the ability to believe in your own worth and actions you may struggle to reach your full potential and live a less fulfilling life. Be sure to surround yourself with the right people. Low self-esteem usually begins early in life at the hands of disapproving authority figures.
Here are some action steps that you can take to build up your self-confidence:
- Visualize yourself as you want to be, that is win in your mind first. Seek positive feedback from others and get to know yourself. You can become your own best friend.
- Affirm yourself. Uncover the cause of any temporary disbelief and repeat positive affirmations, because your words huge immense power!
- Do one thing that scares you every day. It is those tiny steps and small changes that make the difference. Remember to also celebrate the wins and give yourself credit.
- Question your inner critic. Invert your thinking and remember, you don’t need to listen to that little voice that will seek to undermine you.
- Set yourself up to win, by developing your competence. Build momentum in your activities and acknowledge what and where you might need to adjust!
- Never compare yourself to others and rather seek to help someone else, where possible.
- Take good care of yourself. Focus on all the positive in your life and give back too.
Remember, you are your greatest asset!
GRATITUDE – the PARENT of all VIRTUES!
Gratitude is not only the greatest of the virtues,
but the parent of all of the others. – Cicero (106–43bc)
A noble person is mindful and thankful of the
favours he receives from others. – The Buddha
Gratitude is an emotion that most people feel frequently and strongly. That is why must gratitude be your number one core value! The advantages of being grateful on a personal and organizational level are unbelievable. Being thankful makes you appreciate what’s already there, which greatly reduces stress. Gratitude strengthens your emotions. Gratitude is your emotion that relates to your ability to feel and express thankfulness and appreciation. Expressing gratitude improves mental, physical and relational well-being. Being grateful also impacts your overall experience of happiness, and these effects tend to be long-lasting.
One of the reasons why gratitude can change your life is because it shifts your focus, and your life is reflected by what you focus on. But it’s not just about being a positive person; having gratitude can change your life because it breathes positivity into everything you’re doing.
GRATITUDE is the CORNERSTONE of ABUNDANCE
Gratitude is the cornerstone of abundance. It is also a wonderful way to open up to receiving more.
When you say “THANK YOU” the Divine understands that you want more of the thing you are
showing gratitude for.
Each day find something to be grateful for. And I’m not talking some fall back gratitude like “I’m grateful for oxygen” (which I know you are) but I want you to really find something awesome in your life that you
want to power up on receiving.
Gratitude reduces feelings of envy, makes our memories happier, lets you experience good feelings, and helps you bounce back from stress.
In positive psychology research, gratitude is strongly and consistently associated with greater happiness. Gratitude helps people feel more positive emotions, relish good experiences, improve their health, deal with adversity and build strong relationships.
An attitude of gratitude means making it a habit to express thankfulness and appreciation in all parts of your life, on a regular basis, for both the big and small things alike.
GIVING is GOOD for YOU!
It’s official …. GIVING is good for you! Giving makes you feel happy.
Generosity makes you and those around you feel happier.
Generosity makes you feel good; and when you feel good, you’re better at making those around you feel good, too. Those good feelings are reflected in your biology. In a 2006 study, Jorge Moll and colleagues at the National Institutes of Health found that when people give to charities, it activates regions of the brain associated with pleasure, social connection, and trust, creating a “warm glow” effect.
Studies show how giving affects your body. Studies find health benefits associated with giving. The studies show that giving is also good for the giver; boosting physical and mental health.
“Before giving, the mind of the giver is happy; while giving, the mind of the giver is made peaceful; and having given, the mind of the giver is uplifted.”
Having the power to improve the lives of others is, to many people, a privilege, and one that comes with its own sense of obligation. Acting on these powerful feelings of responsibility is a great way to reinforce your own personal values and feel like you’re living in a way that is true to your own ethical beliefs.
It is all about the FEEL GOOD FACTOR
Winston Churchill said: “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
Are you KEEPING some of what you make?
Saving money can help you become financially secure and provide a safety net in case of an emergency. You will need money set aside for these emergencies to avoid going into debt to pay for your necessities.
Keep saving once you’ve got an emergency fund, it’s a good idea to save up at least 10% of your earnings each month (or as much as you can afford). Set yourself savings goals and put away enough to buy what you want. This could be a house deposit, a wedding, or a trip.
Saving money means that you find ways to pay less money when you shop.
Saving money means paying the best price for the things you want to buy.
Saving money can help you become financially secure.
Save, because you can’t predict the future.
These are some addition rewards and benefits from Saving Money:
- Helps in emergencies: Emergencies are always unexpected. An emergency fund is arguably the most important reason to save money.
- Cushions against sudden job loss: Job loss is usually traumatic, so a buffer fund makes all the difference.
- Helps you to finance your next holiday/trip: You can avoid the “fly now, pay later” plan.
- It gives you financial freedom: It starts by simply keeping some of what you earn!
- Helps prepare for retirement: It is an important time of your life, to be prepared for…
- Helps finance further education and/or the deposit payment for your dream home!
And here are six simple steps to becoming a millionaire:
- Develop a written financial plan
- Live below your means
- Avoid credit and/or get out of debt and stay out of debt
- Invest in ways that work for you, getting your money working for you
- Start your own business, leverage your time, your money, your skills
- Get professional advice (like Financial Coaching) to ensure your financial success
CREATE a MONTHLY Spending PLAN
At the start of each month, nestled in your Abundance Money Diary pages, you will find the Ideal Spending Plan template.
It is designed for you to draft the estimated budget and then later, to record the amount of your actual expenses.
This way, you get to know where your money goes, instead of wondering where it went…
This knowledge makes a huge difference to your FINANCIAL FUTURE! And, it is up to YOU!
Thanks as always for reading and sharing so generously and for choosing to master your money matters and live your juicy abundant life.
To your absolute abundance!
Do you know my money story?
Here is a link to my YouTube Channel
If you are ready to shift how you think and feel about money you can book a
FREE 30 minute Financial Coaching Discovery Call with me.